Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wonder Woman?

Proverbs 31:10-31

Context
Women in ancient Israel were legal property. If they were lucky, their fathers/husbands might allow them a portion of the wealth that they generated (v. 31).

Listening to God
Ask God to speak to you as you read the proverb.

Miscellaneous Meanderings

The beginning of the chapter has "An oracle that King Lemuel's mother taught him." It contains words of wisdom for a king, and I like it. I sometimes wonder if the reading today is a second oracle from King Lemuel's mother - one guaranteed to keep him single, so he can continue to focus his attention on mom.

If I ever found a woman like the one described here, I think I'd like to have her for a mother, but definitely not as a wife!

The answer to the question in verse 10 is "Charles Farnum."

Dig Deeper at Textweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment